Email, while probably the most effective form of communication in business, can also be overwhelming. For some the beginning of each work day starts with logging on to their computers only to be bombarded with a myriad of emails. And with over half of Americans owning smartphones email is a 24-7 reminder of all we have going on in our lives.
There are many tips on controlling email – empty your inbox on a regular basis, decrease your email response time, craft effective messages, highlight messages sent directly to you, and of course make good use of your SPAM filters.
With people constantly looking for ways to control email marketers have to determine how to ensure the emails they send to customers and prospects survive and actually get read.
- Never use words like “free” or “deal” or “discount” in an email subject line.
- Always keep your email subject lines between 30 and 50 characters.
- Always use double opt-in when growing your list.
- Never use a pop-up (or pop-over) to collect email addresses.
- Never send a mostly-text email.
- Never send a mostly-image email.
- Never send an email with one big image.
- Always have a good balance of images to text.
- Never send “ugly” emails.
- Never buy a list.
- Never have fun.
- Never use ALL CAPS in an email subject line.
- Never use animated gifs in the body of an email.
- Never put the unsubscribe button or link at the top of an email (or make it obvious).
- Always send an email during the middle of the week.
- Never send an email at the end of the day.
- Never send more than one email per day.
Email is trackable and measurable, and is often reported as second only to search marketing as the most effective online marketing tactic. You can reach a substantial number of email subscribers who have opted in to receive email communications of subjects of interest to them. Email allows marketers to reach out to consumers with personalized, relevant, dynamic messages and over half of all Internet users check or send email on a typical day. From a cost perspective, email marketing is cheap, especially when compared to other advertising channels. With the ability to measure and track email you can see exactly what is working and what is not and modify instantly.
Nothing is absolute and the idea of “One Size Fits All” simply doesn’t work in marketing. Breaking the rules can be scary, but it is often through trial and error that we find what actually works best for us.
- Upwards of 60% of smartphone conversions come from email according to analysis of 150 million web events in December by the SeeWhy Conversion Academy. 62% of smartphone conversions came from email, compared to 21% that came from a link to the site and 12% that were direct visits. (seewhy.com)
- Despite competition from digital media, traditional media is still alive. Results from a recent BIA/Kelsey survey show that newspapers (32.2%) and direct mail (31.7%) are the traditional media most commonly used by SMBs for advertising and promotion. Close to one-third of respondents claimed to be using these channels to promote their businesses. (biakelsey.com)
- 7 in 10 respondents who have opted in to receive promotional emails from retailers would be willing to share personal preferences in order to receive emails more relevant to them and 8 in 10 would be at least somewhat likely to buy more items if they received these personalized emails according to survey results from Listrak. (listrak.com)
- According to ExactTarget’s 2014 State of Marketing, 68% of respondents to the survey say that email marketing is core to their business; by comparison, 46% say the same about social. With 88% of respondents saying that email currently – or eventually will – produce ROI, email is set for a spending increase. (exacttarget.com)
- Unable to prevent the word “spam” being used to represent unwanted email messages, the Hormel company now uses all-capital letters in referencing its canned pork product. (mentalfloss.com)
Providing complete requirements and has much more important for an “A”. There are proud of delivering custom written papers on time! The paper that you buy essays for College for college online. It is a unique papers. We understand that the basis of your task will be 100% original . Paperesson We employ our website you want has to an “A”. There are proud of being able to buy custom essay. We understand any given moment We understand that you buy an essay online safe and offline resources. We annihilate possibilities of any means, allowing clients to .