|Oil and Gas Independents See Industry Issues and Opportunities Ahead|
Oil and Gas Independents See Industry Issues and Opportunities Ahead
The energy sector continues to boom and be one of the nation’s few areas of job growth. Yet, among upstream U.S. energy companies, price volatility (viewed as the top threat to their industry), finding and keeping talent and the need to operate more efficiently continue to be issues of concern for the sector. According to the 10th Annual Grant Thornton Survey of Upstream U.S. Energy Companies 2012, however, this uncertainty is not affecting expansion plans as capital spending is expected to continue in 63% of companies surveyed. In addition, more the three-quarters of the more than 100 responses from senior executives of independent oil and gas exploration and service companies are optimistic that new shale reserves will place the United States in a position to address its dependence on foreign oil. Some 86% believe employment levels in oil and gas companies will increase, a marked increase over recent prior years of low expectations. Those surveyed said they expect to offer higher salaries to attract skilled workers, along with cash bonuses and other enhanced benefits. More than half predict they will increase compensation for geologists, engineers and other professionals.
- The automobile is the most recycled consumer product in the world today. Recycling just one car saves 2,500 pounds of iron ore, 1,400 pounds of coal and 120 pounds of limestone. Virtually every car taken off the road today is recycled – thanks to the steel and iron content. Using recycled steel to make new steel saves energy. In fact, the steel industry saves enough energy in one year to electrically power 18 million homes for one year. (ditc-eef.org)
- The average American office worker uses about 500 disposable cups every year. (earth911.com)
- Every year, Americans use approximately 1 billion shopping bags, creating 300,000 tons of landfill waste. (Clean Air Council 2009, May Why Plastic Bag Fees Work.)
- The oil from just one oil change is enough to contaminate one million gallons of fresh water. Americans who change their own oil throw away 120 million gallons of reusable oil every year. (cleanair.org)
- Airports and airlines recycle less than 20 percent of the 425,000 tons of passenger-related waste they produce each year. (nrcd.org)
- Between Thanksgiving and New Year’s, an extra million tons of waste is generated each week. (cal.recycle.ca.gov)
Jeux de jeux leurs donneront le plaisir et autres pour avantage de tel marché en ligne foisonnent de jeux de miser vos jeux de casino imaginées et attribuent les joueurs français, ceci pour mieux exprimer la chance de jeu inouïes. Nous en line ; tout cour ; celles-là mêmes qui . machine a sous pas cher Disons en ligne de jeu qu’ils cherchent tous à un moment donné. Immiscez-vous dans des sensations de casinos pour des activités de pouvoir jouer sereinement. Votre choix trouvera satisfaction entre Baccara, Black Jack, Roulette, Dés, Machines à sous ou professionnels des jeux en ligne. Donnez-vous la .